SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address and subscribe to our blog!

Delivered by FeedBurner

SUBSCRIBE (ABOVE) or EMAIL US







Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hot job markets in a cooling economy

The past year has been a rocky one for the U.S. economy.

The nation has seen 394,000 private-sector jobs slip away since mid-2007, equaling a loss of 7,570 jobs each week. The unemployment rate has shot up a full point during the same span -- from 4.7 percent at the halfway point of 2007 to 5.7 percent this year.

But a few sections of the country have managed to dodge this economic carnage. The most prominent exception is Texas, which is home to America's three hottest labor markets, according to a new bizjournals study.

Read More Here...

2 comments:

Raymond said...

I keep hearing the economy stinks. If you look at all the $150K jobs posted on employment sites, youd think this was a boom time...

http://www.linkedin.com (networking)
http://www.indeed.com (aggregating listings)
http://www.realmatch.com (matches you to the job)

There are attractive jobs out there for people if they know where to look.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the blog it looks good. Can anyone offer any words of encouragement for my situation? I graduated in May, but I can't find a job related to my major. I have a clean background (e.g. no arrests, points on my license, etc.), work history running a family business, college degree, volunteer experience, etc. but it seems like I can’t catch a break anywhere. I keep trying (what is there to do?) but the majority of companies don’t seem to be interested. Please reply via mail if you can offer any suggestions. Thank you once again.